Guide to sextoys
Choosing the right sextoy
Sex toys come in thousands of different sizes, shapes and functions -- you could have a different toy for every day of the week! But to narrow the search field, think about your needs and preferences, and consider the following questions:
- What shapes appeal to you?
- Do you find some sex toys silly looking?
- Do you have a color preference?
- Do you know what materials you like most: silicone, jelly, rubber or plastic?
- Do you want stay traditional or try something new and wild?
- Do you have trouble reaching orgasm during penetration?
- Do you consider yourself to be "clitoral?"
- Do you want to use your toy alone or with a partner?
There's no right answer to any of these questions -- whatever floats your boat is fine with us! However, you'll have an easier time selecting your sextoy if you give it some thought before you try to buy.
Whichever toy you decide to try, let your desires be your guide. Don't let other people's inhibitions bring you down. There is absolutely nothing wrong with buying, owning and using sex toys! Whether you use your toys alone or with a partner, you are enhancing your life and pumping up your sex drive. Furthermore, you're keeping an open mind and trying something new, which is the key to life-long learning. So relax and enjoy yourself. Who knows? Perhaps some day you'll have a whole treasure trove of titillating toys to tickle your fancy!
Vibrators are for fun, right? So what does it matter how it's powered? Believe it or not, it matters more that you think! Do you like to turn on your vibrator and just let it go? Or do you prefer to vary the speed and intensity of the vibe? Have you thought about getting a remote-controlled model so your partner can participate in the fun? How about an electric model for supreme power? If you're looking for something specific, you might want to take a moment to consider some of the following.
- Simple Base Controller: Straightforward, classic vibrators have very simple "on/off" controls on the base of the vibrator, you turn it on and away you go! If this suits you then this is the toy for you.
- Complex Base Controller: Vibrators that offer a ton of features, such as dual clitoral and internal stimulation, will have multi-toggle control packs on the base of the vibrator, offering separate switches for each function. While the benefit is no cord or wire to get in the way
- Hand-Pack Controller: The hand-held control pack, connected to the vibrator by a cord, enables the user to easily control the speed of the vibe during play.
- Wireless or Remote-Control Pack: Wireless vibes are great for partner play because most of these toys travel well and can be used in a wild variety of settings. They're also great for solo use because there's no reaching or stretching involved when controlling your vibrator. Also, many models of vibrators don't offer a remote-controlled version.
- Electric: Electric vibrators, usually designed to look like massagers. Used primarily for external stimulation, are extremely powerful and often thought of as the vibrator for the true sex connoisseur. However, if you like a strong vibe and plan to use your toy in a static location, an electric vibrator may be the way to go.
It's true that the intensity of modern day vibrators can range from very gentle and designed purely for relaxation to a vibration that's absolutely overpowering and, quite frankly, uncomfortable. The level of vibration that will please any individual is completely variable, but we can offer some tips. Always start with your vibrator on its lowest intensity setting and then experiment with the higher settings to see what feels most comfortable for you. If your vibrator is simply too powerful, don't despair! Many women enjoy diffusing the vibrations from their vibrator by placing a towel or piece of cloth over any external vibrating units. This trick has been raved about for years.
By far the most popular and versatile category of sex toys, traditional vibrators are shaped like a phallus, which means they all vaguely resemble a penis. Some can be quite realistic, especially if they're made from silicone. Others look nothing like the male member. They come in all sizes, shapes, textures and colors, from the smallest insertable vibe to the (laughably) huge twelve-incher. However, they all have one thing in common: they were made to vibrate and penetrate.
Although some people aren't comfortable with the idea of anal play or penetration, an increasingly large number of people enjoy the intense stimulation afforded by the sensitive nerve endings found in the anus. Whether you enjoy light or deep penetration, slim or thick girth, or a nice, vibrating buzz, remember to select a smooth, seamless toy for anal play, one with a flared or larger base. You don't want your toy to get lost in your rectum!
Vibrating Beads and Balls
Usually small, egg-shaped and attached to a multi-speed battery pack by a long cord, these vibrating toys can work wonders on the clitoris, labia or anus. Variations on the basic design include more narrow bullet shaped vibes, and vibrators shaped like cats, bunnies, bears, dewdrops, miniature rocket vibrators and large human tongues. Whichever design you choose, basic operation is the same. The best thing about these handy little vibes is their level of control: all the fancy bells and whistles ensure you get precisely the pulse you require for a mind-shattering orgasm.
Usually long and slim with a curved end, G-Spot vibrators are designed to reach that elusive zone on a woman's interior. Guys will also love what these vibes do for their prostates.
Most women use these toys as they would a traditional vibrator -- as a vibrating penetration tool. However, the G-Spot vibrator's curved end or knobby middle hits in just the right spot, providing the added pressure that many women enjoy.
While any kind of vibrator can be used on the clitoris, certain vibrators were specifically designed to tease your love bud. Useful for solo or partner sex, many clitoral vibrators can be used during intercourse, providing a vibrating buzz just where and when you need it most.
- Clitoral Vibrating Eggs: Variations on the basic design include more narrow bullet shaped vibes, and vibrators shaped like cats, bunnies, bears, dewdrops, miniature rocket vibrators and large human tongues. These toys will ensure you a mind shattering orgsam.
- Insertable Clitoral Vibrators: These vibrators often have a small animal, such as a rabbit, bear, dolphin or beaver, perched near the base of the vibrator and facing forward. In addition to making you giggle, your animal friend will provide clitoral vibrations while you insert the shaft into your vagina. Fancy models also come equipped with a rotating band of beads or "pearls," which can provide G-Spot stimulation.
- Electric Vibrators: Electric vibrators, usually designed to look like massagers. Used primarily for external stimulation, are extremely powerful and often thought of as the vibrator for the true sex connoisseur. However, if you like a strong vibe and plan to use your toy in a static location, an electric vibrator may be the way to go.
- Hands-Free Clitoral Stimulators: Designed to resemble a harness or pair of G-string panties, the Hands-Free Clitoral Stimulators (also called a "butterfly" vibe) is a small, intense vibrator held fast to a woman's clitoris for an intense, localized vibration. The miniature motor is housed in a plastic casing resembling a butterfly, dragonfly or some other kind of cute forest creature. Some women really get a kick out of wearing their vibrating panties outside the house.Some models are disigned so that they can be worn during intercourse, adding clitoral vibrations to the excitement of penetration.
A traditional dildo is shaped like a phallus, which means it vaguely resembles a penis. Some can be quite realistic, especially if they're made from silicone. They come in all sizes, shapes, textures and colors, from the smallest insertable to the (laughably) huge twelve-inch dildo. However, they all have one thing in common: they are made for thrusting.
- Realistic dildos: they're often cast from molds created from real penises. Like all sex toys, realistic dildos come in a variety of sizes, shapes, textures and skin tones, ranging from a healthy six inches to a whopping foot and a half. Most realistic dildos are made from silicone, jelly and rubber textures that closely resemble human skin. Many realistic dildos have testicles, veins and other natural anomalies. Some models are also available with a suction cup in the base. Increasingly popular are those cast from famous penises -- those belonging to popular adult film stars!
- G Spot Dildos: G-Spot dildos come in two basic shapes: long, smooth shafts with a tilted tip, and stubby, knobby thick shafts with wide midsections. Whichever your preference, both function in relatively the same way -- they're designed to hit a woman's G-Spot, that elusive area about three inches into the vaginal canal. This type of dildo isn't particularly appealing to women who don't enjoy G-Spot stimulation, but those who do say G-Spot dildos are incredible.
- Double-Ended Dildos: These party toys are meant for two; a double dildo is nothing more than two realistic dildos joined at the base -- with a little extra wiggle room. Any hetero- or homosexual combination can make good use of a double dildo (or "double dong," as they're sometimes called) Usually not a great choice for newbies. Can make a tasteful addition to the true connoisseur's treasure chest.
- Anal dildos: Often called butt plugg, Available in all sizes and shapes have a wide, flared base attached to a tapering shaft, which can vary in size and shape from a long, twisted phallus-shaped rod, to a short, stocky model that can be worn without restraint. Many people enjoy the sensation of fullness, similar to the sensation women experience during vaginal penetration.
- Strapon harness: A dildo attached to a harness or other strap-on device that one partner wears to penetrate another. Women often get a thrill from penetrating their male partners, and men who have trouble achieving or maintaining an erection find strap-ons useful for pleasing their partners.
Certain men have become jellous over the womans newbought sextoy, Why? Should a woman like a man that is big, messy and always with a erect dick in the house? Do not dispear guys - a tradiotinell dildo can achieve mindshattering orgasms, but could never achieve the intimacy and felleing that just guys can.
- Anal Beads: are great for men and women who are beginners or experts at anal play. Constructed of soft or firm materials, these toys usually consist of 5-10 spheres connected by a piece of cord or flexible plastic. They're used by gently inserting the string, bead by bead, into the anus. Some people like to leave them there until they're ready to have an orgasm, whereupon they or their partner gently pull the beads out, intensifying their climax.
- Ben Wa Balls: made from a variety of substances, including gold plating, silver, steel, plastic, Lucite and any combination thereof. Fancier models are packaged quite glamorously, and can make a fun gift for your lover. Just pop them in and squeeze them out. You may want to experiment with location; some people enjoy holding them lower in the vagina, while others try to position them directly behind their G-Spots.
Sex Toys for Men
At times it can seem like most products are made for women only -- not true! LoveTool.se carries an entire line of products for men only, everything from erection rings, masturbators and pumps , all of which have one thing in common: they're for men only! While some men refuse to use these types of toys, others really love them. Again, it's really up to you and your personal tastes.-- after all, you might find that male sex toys bring an exciting dimension to your sex life -- alone or with a partner
- Pumps: A vacuum/suction device used for drawing the blood into the penis, a penis pump either slightly enlarges your erection or helps you achieve a more powerful one. While men with erectile problems have used these toys for years, most men find the suction these toys produce -- whether it be gentle or powerful -- intensely enjoyable.
- Masturbation Sleeves or vaginas: The ultimate male pleasure toy, a masturbation sleeve is simple to use: you insert your penis into the soft, warm masturbator and pump away. Made from a variety of substances, masturbators can be shaped like flashlights, beer cans, extra-large penises or realistic vaginas, and are usually internally coated with silicone or cyberskin meant to simulate vaginal walls. While they are are an ideal nightstand choice for the single man, there's no reason why men in partnerships can't use them, too. Like a dildo or vibrator for women, masturbators offer a degree of control over your orgasm that many men find exciting and satisfying.
- Love dolls: reach full size human figures when inflated. Life-like doll can be female or male and gives you oral, vaginal and anal pleasure; sometimes it has real hair and vibrating bullets. The more expensive dolls are very realistic and have vibrating tongues and vibrating orifices. They are also very durable, can be bent into various positions and will support body weight. The most life-like are made from realistic material or latex.
- Erection Rings: Erection rings restrict the flow of blood away from the erect penis, creating a pleasurable feeling of tightness and pressure, prolonging erection, and sometimes delaying ejaculation. Usually worn at the base of the penis behind the scrotum, some men enjoy erection rings around the base of their penis only. It really depends on size and personal preference.
Erotic massage and body play can be a wonderfully exciting way to make partner sex more sensual and loving, and can really spice up a relationship! Perfect for anniversaries, bridal showers or bachelor parties, balms and oils are a less "taboo" form of sexual aide, making them excellent gifts for just about everyone you know
- Massage Oils: can make wonders on a sore back and body. Keeping your body body silky, slippery and slick. They add some spice to a dull night, lend a sensual dimension to a boring old back rub.
- Warming Oils: Warming oils work about the same way massage oils work: As you continue to massage, the warming oil will begin to heat up, causing your partner to feel a pleasantly warm sensation. Try blowing on the oil-doused skin, too, for that fabulous icy and hot feel! While not the best option for full-body massages, They are great for genital massage, or for massaging small, concentrated areas, such as breasts, buttocks, thighs and arms.
I hope that with this guide you and your partner finds what you are looking after. It does not hurt anyone, as long as you are safe and comfortable with each other.