Just what kind of material is best for you? Sex Toys and Vibrators come in a wide variety of shapes, sizes, textures and materials. Below we have listed the most popular materials sextoys are made from.
- Silicone: This is the best quality material for toys. It has a real life-like feel but it needs a little extra care when cleaning. It’s material can easily trap bacteria. If your silicone sextoy shows any signs of cracking, then you should buy a new one. Cracks and crevices can easily harbor bacteria and germs making it difficult to thoroughly clean. The quality on this material, shows on the toys pricetag.
- Latex: Latex rubber is another material that demands extra care because of it’s porous texture. Some people have difficulty with allergic reactions to latex. Luckily there are plenty of other products to choose from if this happens to be a problem for you.
- CyberSkin or Life-Like: This is one of the most realistic materials out there. Close your eyes or turn off the lights and chances are it will be difficult to tell the difference. A well maintained CyberSkin toy will bring you lots of pleasure. Cyberskin sex toys like any other, require proper care. You must always wash your toy prior to and after each use. A good disinfecting Toy Cleaner as natureBody Hygiene or an antibacterial soap, a cloth and hot water will do the work. Use extra care around any ridges or grooves on the toy that could potentially trap bacteria. Due to the material used in making theses special toys, you also need to make sure you completely dry the toy and dust it to maintain the soft texture of the toy and prevent it from becoming tacky.
- Acrylic: If a hard toy is on your wish list then this is the material for you. Have we mentioned that it´s dishwasher safe!
- Glass: One of the newest toy materials on the market, glass is a hit. Women love the chilling effect as well as the ability to heat up their toys. You can go either way with Glass. Completely Hypo-allergenic and non-porous. And yes, it can also go in the dishwasher! Many of the newer models look like a piece of art instead of a sex toy! Imagine having one of the colored glass dongs in your curio. Who would know!.
- Metall: Often used by S&M users, but the toys are rare to find.
- Vinyl: Similar to rubber, favorite material by fetishists.
- Leather: Used for harnesses and restraints, many people find leather tough and sexy
- Plastic: Also known as TPE, ABS etc. Frequently used is sextoys
- Waterbased lubes: The most popular of the group. Water based lubricants are safe to use with condoms as well as all your sex toys. Mainly composed of water, these products will not stain your clothing or sheets. The water based lubricants can also add a little flavor to your playtime. Available in Strawberry, kiwi, cherry to name a few, you can find a flavor that is just right for you and your lover. Although they are generally safe for everyone, they do contain small amounts of sugar. When introduced into the vagina, they may cause irritation and possibly infection. These should be reserved for oral play and not necessarily used internally especially if you are sensitive and prone to infection.
- Silicone Based Lubricants: Tend to last longer and much slipperier than water based lubes. Silicone based products are completely waterproof, making them ideal for underwater use and Anal Sex. They also retain their lubricating properties better and last longer than water-based lubricants. Because they are waterproof, they are ideal for all your water play. Silicone based lubricants can potentially damage any of your sex toys made from silicone. When using toys, a water based lubricant is recommended.